After all of the hustle and bustle during the holiday season I needed a quick and easy dinner for my family and wanted something hearty and traditional to go with the cold weather.
But….it has to be vegan and healthy of course!
I decided to make a Shepherd’s Pie but keep it healthy. Healthy and Hearty are my two favorite words in winter. Shepherd’s Pie is such a traditional comfort food. I prepared mine in a cute little half quart Temptations casserole dish. This serves two but feel free to multiply as needed to serve your favorite army.
If you aren’t a fan of sweet potatoes, use a russet or yellow instead. I also used Empire Potato Leek in place of the traditional Cream of Mushroom in most recipes. This is the same brand I use in my Cheater Potato Soup. This dish is so yummy!
Just look at how gorgeous and bubbly it is!
- 1 Cup Empire Potato Leek Soup
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Boca Crumbles
- Dash of Salt
- Two Turns Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Peel a large sweet potato and cut into cubes.
- Steam sweet potato in small covered pan with water until tender and easily mashed.
- Add Potato Leak Soup, Boca Crumbles, and Mixed Veggies to small casserole dish and mix together.
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Top with Mashed Sweet Potato
- Cook at 400 for 45 minutes or until dish is bubbly