For this recipe I use curry powder as I love the combination and have fond memories of curry tuna and chicken salads from my past. Feel free to “do you”. If you’re the kind that loves apples and pecans in your tuna, go that route.
- 1 20 Ounce Can Jackfruit Buy 6 Cans Here
- 1 15 Ounce Can Chickpeas
- ½ to 2/3rd Cup Vegan Reduced Fat Mayo (to your taste)
- ½ Cup Chopped Celery
- ½ Medium Onion
- 1 Healthy Pinch Himalayan Salt
- ½ TSP Freshly ground pepper
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ TSP Curry Powder
- Rinse and drain jackfruit. In a small pot bring water to boil and boil jackfruit for 15- 20 minutes or until tender. Chop thoroughly or pulse briefly in food processor until shredded.
- Mash chickpeas with fork or potato masher. In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and combine.
- Chill and enjoy!