What can I say guys....on Monday's it is very difficult for me to get motivated in the kitchen. Spending most of the day on the phone or in front of the computer screen has me shot by 6pm! This Cheater Vegan Potato Leek Soup recipe is a lifesaver. My husband loves it! He will eat bowl after bowl. As he is a meat eater I top his with bacon bits. The base is Empire Vegan Potato Leek soup. I buy it at Sprouts but you can also use other brands. Imagine Foods makes a nice one and you can find it HERE if you want to purchase online. Pair it with a salad and some crackers or crusty bread. I use two 32 Ounce "Starter Soup" cartons because we eat this for a couple of days. You can cut the recipe in half for just one meal.
- 2 32 Ounce Cartons Empire Potato Leek Soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Veggie Broth
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Carrots Chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks Chopped
- 2 Large or 3 Medium Yellow Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 1/2 of 16 Ounce Package of Frozen Corn
- Chives to top
- Fill a Medium Pot with water and set your potatoes to boil. Heat a dutch oven or large pot until hot and add a small amount of veggie broth. Add your onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Sauté over medium to medium high heat until tender adding more veggie broth as it is absorbed. Once veggies are tender add both cartons of soup. Add Corn.
- When Potatoes are tender add them to your soup mixture. Cook over medium heat for an additional 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with Chives.