These tasty little rustic vegan brownies are also gluten and sugar free! As I have told you before friends, my family is loaded with vegans and vegetarians. What makes dessert tough is my mom is also sensitive to gluten. I say sensitive rather than allergic because she is known to cheat. Sorry Mom! I made these in muffin tins so I could freeze them for those chocolate cravings that hit ya out of nowhere. This recipe is so easy and takes only 1 bowl and a muffin pan.
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Granulated Baking Blend Stevia (measures cup for cup) HERE
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed Meal HERE
- 5 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour HERE
- 1/4 Cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Stevia Sweetened Chips HERE
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray muffin tins with olive oil spray.
- Prepare your flax eggs by combining water and flaxseed meal. Mix with fork and set aside for about 5 minutes
- In large glass mixing bowl combine vegan butter (melted), flax egg, maple syrup, stevia, vanilla, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in Almond Flour
- Batter will be thick.
- Press into muffin tins and top each brownie with some of the chocolate chips.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.