I love creamy cauliflower soup and of course I am a huge curry fan too! If you aren’t you could easily omit the curry powder and this little stunner would still be amazing. I recently bought a Vitamix blender after years of telling myself my Ninja was just as good. Boy was I wrong. This little machine is amazing. Not only is it a game changer for smoothies but it replaces multiple devices in your kitchen including a food processor! Oh, and you can make hot soup in it too!
This soup is vegan and healthy with a huge amount of tummy trimming fiber. Pair this with a salad and you won’t be hungry for hours. It is hard to believe this has no dairy included as the texture is rich and creamy.
I topped mine with baked homemade tortilla strips to add that crunch that makes a good soup a great one! I have included the recipe here. Don’t worry, this is still extremely healthy and with the tortilla strips only totals about 120 filling and nutritious calories.
It actually snowed here in my hometown of Las Vegas this weekend and this warm creamy soup did just the trick. I hope you love it as much as I do! You might also like my Magic Tummy Trimming Soup recipe HERE.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Quick Spray Olive Oil Cooking spray
- 2 small Corn Tortillas (optional for crunchy topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets
- Chop onion
- Arrange onion and cauliflower on baking pan and toss in red pepper, salt, garlic and curry powder. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray and toss.
- Roast at 375 for 30-45 minutes or until onion and cauliflower are tender.
- Add to Vitamix ( you can find one here blender with broth and water. Over 30-60 seconds increase from level 1 to 10 (high) and then blend for 6 minutes. Soup will be creamy and hot.
- For Crunchy Tortilla Strip Topping:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice two small corn tortillas into strips
- Arrange on baking sheet and spray very lightly with olive oil cooking spray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.