Ok Guys….Picture this. It is Thanksgiving morning. You have a gaggle of family and friends in your home. They are hungry! You need an easy but delicious breakfast prepared fast. Heck, you have a feast to prepare and want to get some football in too! I have you covered. These vegan pumpkin pancakes are fluffy and scrumptious.
Can I be honest here? I created this recipe as a challenge. My Sister In Law, Jennifer insisted I create a pumpkin pancake and I can’t resist a dare. This recipe cooks enough for a gang too making about 10 medium pancakes!
I know you guys love pumpkin. My Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts has the most hits on my blog. Recipe HERE. Followed only by my Pumpkin Smoothie. Recipe HERE. I think you will love this one even more! If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, substitute cinnamon and nutmeg.
Don’t forget to check out my free video tutorial on the TOP FAT FIGHTING FOODS HERE!
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 1/2 Cup (Heaping) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extra
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook pancakes flipping when lightly brown on one side. Keep pan from getting too hot and burning pancakes.
- Top with nuts (optional) and pure maple syrup. Enjoy!