This recipe is slightly different than my No Oil Spicy Vegan Pesto.It has a creamy texture that I find excellent for pasta. Traditional pesto is loaded with oil. For this recipe I use avocado and dare I say it is fantastic! This healthy recipe is loaded with fiber and will leave you with one happy satisfied tummy. It calls for nutritional yeast and this is a must! For those unfamiliar with it, nutritional yeast is an amazing cheese substitute. You can’t tell this pesto is missing parmesan. I served it with brown rice pasta and it was delicious. Makes two hearty servings or 3 small side servings. Hope you like it as much as I do!
- 2 Cups Basil
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Medium Avocado
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast - Find it HERE
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Veggie Broth
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until creamy. Add more veggie broth as needed to get your desired consistency. Enjoy with pasta, veggies, pizza and more!