I absolutely love a green goddess salad dressing. I adapted many a favorite recipe to make it as healthy and delicious as possible. This one has no oil and is vegan. My goal is to try and make at least 50% of my meals raw. When we cook our food we lose nutrients. In fact we lose loads of nutrients! While I can’t adapt to a completely raw diet, I can work with 50%. For me, this means oodles of salad! There are some great store bought dressings for convenience but nothing compares to a freshly made one. I love garlic so modify if you don’t! There are healthy fats from avocado and cashews in this recipe. If you are trying to cut fat you could omit but these are healthy fats full of fiber and nutrients. We avoid oil because it is not only high in fat but has nothing in the way of nutrients. The avocado and cashews give this dressing a creamy texture.
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves (Hard stems removed)
- 1 Cup Parsley (Hard stems removed)
- 1/2 Medium Avocado
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Chives
- 1 Cup Cashews (Soaked in warm water for 3 hours)
- 3/4-1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lots of freshly squeezed lemon juice (I use 4 small lemons)
- Add your cashews and half of your veggie broth to your food processor. Blend until the mixture is thin but creamy. Add avocado, onion, garlic, chives, basil, parsley, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Blend adding in vegetable broth until the dressing gets to a pourable texture. This is a matter of taste as some people like a thinner dressing and others a thick one that really sticks to your greens.
- Refrigerate. Keeps for one week in glass jar or plastic airtight container.