Who can say no to a chocolate chip cookie? Apparently not me as I said YES to about 3 of these this morning when I whipped them up! I made this vegan, sugar free recipe up on the fly and thought it would need revisions. It didn’t. These are moist, delicious and will fool your friends that don’t think vegan baked goods can be tasty. Make sure you use stevia for baking that measures cup for cup with sugar. Most Stevia blends are sweeter than sugar so this is important. I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips. They are my favorite. They are vegan and sweetened with stevia. Have them with a cup of coffee or glass of almond milk and enjoy! Links included for your convenience.
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 TBSP Flaxseed Meal - Buy HERE
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Healthy Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Raw No Salt Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Stevia - Buy HERE
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chip Chips- Buy HERE
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line Cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, flaxseed meal, spices and salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl using a hand mixer mix vegan butter, pumpkin, vanilla, stevia, maple syrup and Almond Butter until fully mixed.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixing with a spoon until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- With clean hands shape into balls (about 1 1/2 TBSP each). Press onto parchment and flatten with fingers or bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool for several minutes before storing in airtight container.