This is an easy, one pot vegan chili recipe that makes 5 generous servings. Beans are so filling! Serve this over rice, quinoa or even a sweet potato for a hearty meal. I like my chili thick. If you want a more saucy chili you can add one small can of tomato sauce or more veggie broth to thin.
- I/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- A Pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
- 1/2 Cup Veggie Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can Kidney Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can Pinto Beans
- 1 28 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Packed Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cup Diced Zucchini
- 1 TBLS Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Turmeric
- 1 TSP- TBLS Cayenne Pepper ( Depending on tolerance. Add gradually- I Iike it hot!)
- In a dutch oven, heat about half of the veggie broth. Once hot add your diced onion and garlic. You don’t need oil! Veggie broth works great to sauté veggies and adds flavor. Add a pinch of salt and stir adding more veggie broth if absorbed to prevent burning. Drain and rinse your beans and add to the pot with the can of diced tomatoes (with liquid). Next add your spices. Remember to add the Cayenne gradually and taste as you go. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once at a boil, reduce to simmer and add Zucchini and Spinach. Cover. Cook for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally. Chili is done when Zucchini is tender.