Sugar & Oil Free Granola! Who doesn’t love granola? I avoid commercial brands because they are full of sugar, oil and preservatives. This one has none of the above an your house will smell wonderful when you make it. Awesome on top of coconut yogurt, a smoothie bowl or as a high energy snack! This recipe is like portable oatmeal. You can also add raisins or dried cranberries. Great for plane travel or to keep a small bag in your purse in case you get “hangry”.
- 1.5 TBLS Flaxseed Meal - I Buy HERE
- 3 TBLS Water
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Allspice
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt - I Buy HERE
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 Heaping TBLS Raw Unsalted Almond Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 TSP Liquid Stevia - I Buy HERE
- Preheat Oven to 350F and line your baking sheet with parchment. Using a Whisk, combine Flaxseed Meal and Water. Mash in your banana making sure you have no visible chunks. Let sit for several minutes until water is mostly absorbed.
- Stir in the Cinnamon, Allspice, Salt, Vanilla, Stevia & Almond Butter. Mix well. Next add your Oats and Walnuts making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer your mixture to your baking sheet. Baking time is 25-30 minutes for a crispy crunchy granola. I separate any pieces that are too large at about the 18 minute mark and put it back in the oven watching it carefully after 25 minutes until it gets crunchy but not too brown.
- Let cool completely before storing in airtight container.