Pesto is one of my ever-loving favorites. This one is oil free, vegan and healthy! It’s great on pasta, noodles, or pizza. I like it spicy but if you don’t simply omit the jalapeño.
- 2 Cups Packed Basil Leaves
- 1/8 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Pine Nuts
- Juice of One Lemon
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Jalapeno- seeded and chopped
- Water- Add To Desired Consistency
- Toast Pine Nuts in a pan until golden brown.
- Add all ingredients except water to food processor. Blend. Check consistency and add water slowly until pesto is smooth and creamy.